Over the last couple days We have been working on getting some of wall panels cut for the van, I decided to tackle the sliding door first, it turned out to be a much bigger job that I expected. Not really hard to do but very time consuming. Getting everything to fit and look right is what takes the time. I am not going to go into the whole process as it is quite boring but basically involves a jigsaw and a lot of patience. Here is a picture of where we got to today. Tomorrow we are going to finish it and I will post a short update to show the finished result.
Steve and I tackled the Split Charge Electrics today. This involved taking both seats out to run the wires under the floor padding which we had to channel out in places. Once we had the wires where we wanted them we put both seats back in, then discovered that we had forgotten one wire and had to take the passenger seat out again. Once we got the wire run we thought about whether there was anything else we had forgotten and decided there wasn’t so we put the seat back in. A couple minute later we realised we had forgotten another wire so out the seat came again. After playing the hokey cokey with the seats we got all the relays and fuses attached to a bit of ply which we had cut and painted to attach to the back of the passenger seat frame. We got it all wired up and the battery into a little battery box we made up out of ply and covered in carpet. Only have to connect up the batteries once all the electric are done. I will try to get some pictures up later on.
The plan on Thursday was to put the second window in the van but the rain had other ideas. We got the van marked up to cut the hole and managed the two horizontal cuts when the rain came. I quickly covered the cuts with Duct Tape and finished for the night. Friday after work there was no chance of rain so we were able to finish the window installation in no time at all.
Well, with most of the electrical wiring done I wanted to start getting some of the ply on so Friday night my mate Steve came over to help and we put the ply lining up on the roof. If yu look toward the front over the sliding door you will see we also put some ply over the door, hopefully this will make it easier to carpet in that area and give it a nicer finish, time will tell.